How to travel for life
There was something about my childhood, growing up in the endless boredom of Australian suburbia, that made me ache to travel. I had an early taste of it – with my father being Italian – so I knew there was more to life than spring cleaning the venetian blinds on the Hill’s Hoist during the Christmas holidays. In between being subjected to jellied beetroot and carrot for lunch on a hot summer’s day in Brisbane, I had the opportunity to dip sweet bread into frothy, milky coffee for breakfast and succumb to the alluring aroma of pasta sauce, bubbling for hours on the stovetop in our kitchen on a Sunday.
Travel is such an incredible, life-expanding experience, and for anyone who has moved beyond the square kilometre of their existence, you will understand the value of leaping into the unknown.
But travelling for the sake of it, without a well-considered vision, purpose, goal and plan can be disappointing…
If you are someone who wants to travel for life, then creating your travel manifesto is a must!
You may be a newcomer to travel, or you may have been hopping around the world for many years – either way, try asking yourself these questions to see if they change your approach to travel:
- Why do you want to travel?
- What do you hope to achieve through your travels?
- What’s your travel self-affirmation?
- What are you travel goals?
- When will you achieve those goals?
- How will you achieve those goals?
Keen to learn more? If you want to re-set your travel life, or you are about to embark on new adventures – or know someone who is new to travel – then grab a copy of my book The Travel Pro. I will take you through:
- How to establish your travel vision, purpose and goals
- How to select the right companions
- Choosing the locations right for you
- Avoiding travel mistakes
- Aspiring to (authentic) luxury
- Navigating the myriad of hotel and restaurant choices
- Packing with perfection so you arrive in style
- Blending business and pleasure
- How to make a difference to the communities you visit
I hope it will make a difference, and set you up for a rewarding travelling life!
If you enjoyed this article please feel free to like, comment and share on social media. If you would like more of the same, contact me to schedule a time to discuss how I can help you to create the life of your dreams through travel, or collaborate on similar projects. You can also Subscribe to the Conversations. If you’d like to check out some of our great travel products, head to the Evvoke shop here.